Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Take refuge in HIS wings!

I was amazed last night when a mother of one of our boys here at the ranch sat in the living room, saying she felt like a helicopter trying to fly over her twin sons.  She said something like this ~ I am hovering and hovering and at the last minute I swoop down to snatch them up before its too late so they don't get hurt.  I can't do it anymore, I am wore out trying to keep them safe. ~ The reason I was amazed because I am doing an online Bible Study right now and our memory verse this week is ~
Psalm 36:7 "How priceless is your unfailing love, O God!  People take refuge in the shadow of your wings." 
~
When she was telling us how she felt, I was picturing God, instead, hovering over these two boys and taking them under HIS wings (arms).  Teaching them how to find the right road instead of the very troubled road they have been going down. 

Last night, we decided to take Jakob, Jordan's twin brother into our program too.  They had both ran away Saturday night, from their home when Jordan was on a home visit from the ranch.  I really believe that God and his unfailing love, was with them while they were on run for more than 24 hours.  I also believe he was in our conversation last night when Jim told them we were going to work with Jakob, too. 

This is a new thing for us here at the ranch taking twins but we are trusting that God is using us to help these two brothers take refuge in the shadow of HIS wings instead of running from the refuge of their mom's hovering helicopter. 

 Isaiah 43:18-19  “But forget all that—it is nothing compared to what I am going to do.  For I am about to do something new.  See, I have already begun! Do you not see it?  I will make a pathway through the wilderness.  I will create rivers in the dry wasteland."

I also believe that these two lives will create a ripple effect in their family.  Why do I believe that?  Because His unfailing love is priceless; unshakable and undeniable and HE is going to cause them to take refuge in the shadow of HIS wings. 

So I'm asking you supporters to pray that all goes well when we get the guardianship of Jakob and that God hovers over this ranch with HIS unfailing LOVE as we take on something new and sit back under the shadows of his wings as HE is about to do something new here at MCH Boys Ranch.

I'm so thankful for HIS priceless LOVE!

Resting under HIS WINGS,

 
  

No comments: